WiDS Trinidad & Tobago
This Data Science Essentials Upskill Workshop Series guides participants using the data science life cycle to analyse a real-life data set and report on key insights. It comprises two, 3-hour sessions and covers concepts based on: data collection and data preparation, exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, model building, model evaluation, model deployment.
Data Science Essentials – Part I
In this interactive workshop themed “Data Science Fundamentals and Tools”, participants will learn the fundamental concepts of data science including basic software tools and data visualisation techniques. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
– understand basic data science concepts and related tools
– apply appropriate data cleaning and data visualisation techniques based on a related data set
– create compelling charts and graphs based on a related data set
Data Science Essentials – Part II
In this interactive workshop themed “Data Analysis and Storytelling”, participants will learn how to analyse data with appropriate statistical model/s, reporting these results in effective data stories. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
– apply appropriate statistical models in the analysis of a related data set
– interpret statistical model output and findings based on a related data set
– present data insights to both technical and non-technical audiences effectively.