Data Days for Middle School Girls
Read about Data Days, a collaboration between data2thepeople.org, New Haven Public Schools, and the Women in Data Science (WiDS) team. Featuring keynote speakers and hands-on workshops, Data Days created an inviting space for girls to learn about and explore data science as a career and area of study.
I loved listening to the data scientist stories about how they got to be where they are and I loved how they explained the importance of data science.
– 8th Grade NextGen Participant
WiDS NextGen Resources
We’ve designed resources that are suitable for secondary school educators in maths, physical sciences, social sciences, computers and more. Sign up for the WiDS NextGen program to get access to:
- Introductory Video: “What’s up with Data Science and Why Should I Care?” and also showcasing “Day in the Life” of several outstanding young women in data science/AI careers.
- Thematic Videos with Discussion Guides featuring WiDS speakers
- Data Science Glossary: Definitions of terms related to AI and data science
- Implementation Guide for Educators: Models for how educators may use the content — adaptable to varying degrees of available class time and engagement.
- Data Science Activity Notebooks: Colab Notebook activities guiding students through the steps of data analysis and visualization using Python.